1. PLAN – break the trick into as many small steps as possible.
2. ASK – use a physical and / or verbal cue to ask your horse to do the first step.
3. RESPONSE – wait until your horse gives you a response. It may be right or wrong.
4. MARKER – let your horse know the instant they get it right by using a special word or sound.
5. REWARD – give a treat or something else your horse really likes.
If you would like to print these 5 steps (with more information) you can download it for FREE from here: