Did you know there are only 5 steps to teach your horse any trick? Get these right and you can teach your horse just about anything!
1. PLAN – break the trick into as many small steps as possible.
2. ASK – use a physical and / or verbal cue to ask your horse to do the first step.
3. RESPONSE – wait until your horse gives you a response. It may be right or wrong.
4. MARKER – let your horse know the instant they get it right by using a special word or sound.
5. REWARD – give your horse a treat or something else they really like.