Already a member? LOGIN
The Horse Tricks Academy
Welcome to the Horse Tricks Academy, an online training program that shows you step-by-step how to teach your horse simple tricks.
You will also discover a new way to create a better relationship with your horse – while having fun! 🙂
Why this course is different…
- You will master the six basic moves that are used to build most tricks. You and your horse will master six basic movements I call Trick Foundations. These are the building blocks for lots of tricks. Once you and your horse learn these movements, I’ll show you how to use them to create combinations to build all sorts of new tricks.
- Teach your horse in just a few minutes per day. This training only takes a few minutes a day. Your horse will actually learn faster and enjoy the training more if you teach them in very short sessions. You can fit these sessions in around your day-to-day horse chores and activities.
- Watch a horse learning from the very beginning. Most courses just show an experienced trick horse doing the tricks. That’s not much help if you are just starting out! So we show you Bella learning tricks from the very beginning. She didn’t know a single trick when we started. You can see how she learns and follow along with your own horse.
In the video below you can see the difference just a few minutes a day of training makes to the things Bella has learnt and also her attitude.
- Training is 100% horse friendly. My training uses only positive and kind methods. This helps to improve the bond and connection with your horse. Your horse will really enjoy trick training and spending time with you.
- Science-based training. Not only is this training lots of fun, but it is also based on scientific principles. I have studied Equine Behavior at University level and have applied the current understanding of equine behavior to all the training.
- Your training materials are yours to keep forever. You can do the training at your own (and your horse’s) pace. No rush. You can also come back at any time if you need a refresh. The training will be available for you always.
- Money-back guarantee for up to 60 days. I created The Horse Tricks Academy to help you build a special bond with your horse, while having fun. I really believe that you and your horse will enjoy this course, but if you decide that don’t want to continue with the course please let me know within 60 days and I will send you a full refund. No questions asked.
How the Horse Tricks Academy works
You will get instant access to a private members-only website.
Inside are 22+ teaching modules, each with step-by-step training videos and printable guides designed to help you get started right away.
- First I will introduce you to Trigger, my experienced trick horse. You will see him perform the completed trick moves and various tricks as they are meant to look.
- You will then see Bella, my new trick horse, learning tricks from the very beginning.
- You then watch the videos and print out the instructions that explain the steps to teaching your horse each movement or trick.
- You practice with your own horse (and have lots of fun).
Inside the Horse Tricks Academy
- Module 1: Introduction
We cover the basic things you need to know to start trick training in this module.
- Module 2: Low Cost Equipment Checklist
You only need a few basic pieces of equipment to get started and you probably own most of them already. There are also suggestions for extra, fun equipment you might like to add later for advanced tricks.
- Module 3: Favorite Rewards Your Horse Will Love
Rewards are at the center of my 100% horse friendly and kind training methods. Once you find a reward your horse really likes he or she will become super willing and try extra hard to earn that reward. This module covers a range of rewards, including treats and recipes your horse will love.
- Module 4: Teach Your Horse to Recognize a Marker
A marker is a special word or sound that lets your horse know the instant they have done the right thing. Using a marker is the easiest way to teach your horse new things quickly because once your horse recognizes the marker, they learn noticeably faster.
- Module 5: Prepare Your Horse for Trick Training
Are there things that your horse likes to do (or doesn’t like to do)? What sort of temperament does your horse have? Are there things that your horse can’t physically do? Your horse might already do something that could easily be turned into a trick. All these factors affect how you teach your horse and which tricks to try first.
- Module 6: Join Our Exclusive Facebook Group
This is the group where you can share videos, pictures and ideas with other members of the Horse Tricks Academy. It is a super friendly group so it is an excellent place to ask questions about anything.
- Modules 7 to 13: Learn the Trick Foundations
This is the core of the program, my six Trick Foundations. Use them to form almost any trick you can imagine. Start by teaching your horse these basic movements and then use them to build all sorts of tricks.
- Modules 14 to 22: Beyond the Basics to Create New Tricks
By using the Trick Foundations, we will then work step-by-step through teaching your horse several simple tricks. These include:
- Pedestal Work
- Tail Backing
- Simple Bow
**We will also be adding more tricks as Bella learns them and we film them. Your membership gives you access to any future tricks.
- Helping your horse to become braver
- Lay Down Basics
- Come When Called
- Members Video Area
- Useful Tricks
Here’s a sneak peek inside the Horse Tricks Academy…
No question is too silly
There is always help available via email or through our Facebook group for Members of the Horse Tricks Academy (see Bonus #1).
I really encourage all our Members to ask lots of questions. Most of the time if you get stuck or aren’t sure about something a quick email to me (or Trigger) will provide you with the advice that will get you training again.
Chances are we’ve been right where you are during our early training! 🙂
Exclusive Facebook Group
The Facebook group provides us with a private discussion area where everyone can share ideas, problems, suggestions, videos and pictures.
There are all sorts of equine owners in the group – people who have mustangs, brumbies, minis, donkeys, thoroughbreds, standardbreds, quarter horses, arabs, paints and many more (of all shapes and sizes!).
Some members are just beginning to teach their horse tricks while others are trying more advanced tricks. But, everyone provides a lot of encouragement and ideas to the group.
It’s a very friendly place and I hope you will join us today and introduce yourself (and your horse).
FREE copies of my eBooks (save $10.00)
Included in your Membership to the Horse Tricks Academy are free copies of my two ebooks:
Horse Trick Training – How To Get Started (value $7.00)
A simple, easy-to-read, 50 page eBook that will show you everything you need to know to get started with trick training (includes links to training videos).
Horse Trick Treats (value $3.00)
Inside this ebook are lots of ideas for treats that you can use for your trick training. We have also include recipes for special baked treats to use when your horse does something extra clever 🙂
What others have to say…
“This takes so little time & has such a huge benefit, that I’m teaching him all I can! Thanks for your information!!” ~ Sandra
“Excellent videos! I ran right over to the stable to give it a try. Fun! Fun!” ~ Chris
“I am truly astounded how she’s coming back to me repeatedly because she used to be hard to catch and showed anxiety when she was caught or even when I went in her stall. Yeah for trick training!” ~ Connie
“Thank you so much for this academy and wonderful information for trick training. I am so excited to learn and have fun with my horse!!” ~ Gwen
“This is so well done – thank you! I have enjoyed all the modules.” ~ Cynthia
“I think this is a wonderful idea – and will be recommending it to my clients who can’t or don’t ride.” Delle
“This trick training is a perfect new thing for us since I can’t ride yet. I can see how it will just bond us even closer. Love it.” ~ Linda
60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
I invite you to join the Horse Tricks Academy for up to 60 days. Have a good look inside the member’s area. Watch the videos. Start teaching your horse some simple tricks. Visit the Facebook group. And, if you don’t have fun and achieve a better bond with with your horse – I’ll happily refund 100% of your money.
“I have limited time to spend with my horse. Will I still be able to teach him tricks?”
Yes, absolutely! The best way for your horse to learn is in short, regular training sessions – five minutes per session, a couple of times a day is perfect.
To make the biggest impact, I suggest you mix trick training with the activities you regularly do with your horse. We show you an easy way to do this.
“Is there a time limit to finish the course?”
You have as long as you want. Once you join you can start straight away or wait until you have more time. You will always have access to the course and any future training that is added. Just go at the pace that suits you and your horse.
“I’ve tried to teach my horse tricks before but haven’t been successful. Why would this course be any different?”
When I first began trying to teach my horses tricks, I bought every book and video available. It was a frustrating experience because most of the courses and books just showed experienced trick horses doing the tricks. They didn’t tell me how to teach my horse (a complete trick beginner) to do tricks from the very start.
After much trial and error, and a lot more study, I realized that I needed to teach my horses some very simple tricks first and then build on those. Once my horses understood the basics of trick training I could then teach them just about anything! 🙂
Inside the Horse Tricks Academy, you’ll watch videos of Bella, my newest horse, as she learns tricks from the very beginning. You will see her making mistakes, trying different things and finally working out what I want. Our members say these videos are very helpful. You will be able to follow along with your own horse and learn step-by-step how to teach your horse tricks from the very beginning.
“Do I need special equipment?”
You probably have most of the equipment you need to get started: a long lead rope, a halter and some treats. That’s it!
Later, you can add toys and extra equipment, but most of these are cheap and available from your local toy or produce store (we provide lots of ideas for extra, fun, training equipment in the Horse Tricks Academy).
“My horse is very nervous and worried about new things. Would trick training be suitable for him?”
Trick training provides a fun way to build a bond and trustful relationship with your horse. It helps your horse to be more confident and curious around new objects and situations.
We have a few members in the Horse Tricks Academy currently working with rescue horses that struggle with trust issues. They report their horses are responding in a very positive way to trick training.
“I have taught my horse a few simple tricks but we keep getting stuck and I’m not sure what to do. Can you help with this?”
Yes, absolutely! Trigger and I would love to help because we have many ideas and experience for getting “unstuck.”
We also have an active Facebook group where members share videos, photos, ideas and solutions. I can also be reached via email.
Chances are, if you are feeling ‘stuck’ with your training, that I’ve been where you are and will have some ideas and suggestions that will help.
“Do you offer a guarantee?”
Yes absolutely! I want you to feel 100% happy about purchasing this course. If you are not satisfied for any reason, just send me a email within 60 days and I will refund your full purchase price.
Don’t see your question answered here…
Please don’t hesitate to contact me via the Contact Page if I haven’t answered a question you have.
Don’t miss out… join the fun! 🙂
Jain, Trigger & Bella